Accumen Response Tools
In the midst of the pandemic, hospital laboratories are looking for direction on what they can control today while planning for tomorrow. This resource provides 6 critical areas that need your attention.
Managing your hospital blood supply is especially critical now as both patient volumes and blood shortages spike. This resource provides strategies to preserve this limited resource that you can share throughout your health system.
Lab supply inventories are changing rapidly – daily, hourly and sometimes by the minute. Check here for downloadable updates to the information you need to know now.
We know visiting you is not helpful, or healthful, right now so we’ve restructured our comprehensive lab assessment to be completely virtual. You’ll get the same level of analysis and readout of cost savings opportunity for your hospital lab, while maintaining social distancing protocols with non-essential personnel.
This tool was developed by the Predictive Healthcare team at Penn Medicine to assist hospitals and public health officials with hospital capacity planning.
© 2020, The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania
References & Acknowledgements: James Lawler, MD, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Michael Z. Levy, PhD, Perelman School of Medicine, Code for Philly, and the many members of the open-source community that contributed to this project.
Want to Learn More About Accumen?
At Accumen, our focus is healthcare performance in ancillary services. We share the belief that performance matters. We are inspired to improve performance for ancillary services across the healthcare industry because transformational change will make healthcare better for our clients, our communities, and our families.
Virtual Learning Hub
Becker’s Hospital Review + Accumen
COVID-19 Lessons Learned Webinar Series
- COVID-19: What we’ve learned and are planning for next in Lab Supply Chain
April 9, 2020 @ 12PM ET
- COVID-19: What we’ve learned and are planning for next in Hospital Lab
April 16, 2020 @ 12PM ET
- COVID-19: What we’ve learned and are planning for next in Blood Management
April 22, 2020 @ 12PM ET
Modern Healthcare + Accumen
COVID-19 Lessons Learned Webinar
- COVID-19 Learnings: The Strength of Interoperability in the Wake of Healthcare Crisis
May 5, 2020 @ 12PM ET
Registration Begins: 4.6.2020
WCG + Accumen
COVID-19 Preparedness: Information from the Experts
- Dr. Scott Gottlieb, Former Commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Dr. Paul Biddinger, Massachusetts General Hospital: Chief, Division of Emergency Preparedness and Director, Center for Disaster Medicine
Critical News Updates
- CDC Coronavirus Information More Info
- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Page More Info
- World Health Organization Coronavirus Information More Info
- CMS Coronavirus Resource Page More Info
- White House Coronavirus Guidelines More Info
- FDA Fact Sheet More Info
- Accumen, Inc. More Info
- ASCLA More Info
- American Clinical Laboratory Association More Info
- National Independent Laboratory Association More Info
- 360Dx More Info
- LabCorp More Info
- Quest More Info
- Mayo Medical Laboratories More Info
- BioReference Labs More Info
- Sonic More Info
- ARUP More Info
- Walgreens More Info
- CVS More Info
- COVID-19 Projections More Info
COVID-19 Newsfeed More Info
Tracking A Global Pandemic
(Interactive map courtesy of Johns Hopkins University)
Johns Hopkins Center for Systems Science and Engineering
COVID-19 Global Case Count
The map was first shared publicly on Jan. 22. It was developed to provide researchers, public health authorities, and the general public with a user-friendly tool to track the outbreak as it unfolds. All data collected and displayed are made freely available through a GitHub repository, along with the feature layers of the dashboard, which are now included in the ESRI Living Atlas. For a detailed explanation for the dashboard’s development, please refer to this article in The Lancet by Professor Lauren Gardner.
Blood Donation at American Red Cross
CoronaKits with Sanitization Essentials at Global Empowerment Mission
Emergency Food Boxes and Drive-thru Pantries at Feeding America